CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 17, 2010

'Tis the Season

I really love this time of year.  I used to love going out the weekend after Thanksgiving and cutting down our own tree, or should I say trees, we had one for the kids ornaments with the colored lights and then my mom had one for all of her fancy ornaments with the white lights ... oooh la la.  My mom always made it a point to have the house so cozy and decorated, I LOVED IT.  Thats why I love this time of year, family getting together, decorating the tree and house and the delicious spice concoction my mom always had brewing on the stove ..... it was/is delicious, mixture of whole cloves,cinnamon sticks,water,all spice, and just simmer!

Speaking of Families, I am so grateful for my family.  I love being around my family and how goofy we can be, that I can be so loud and joke and sing stupid tunes and not feel totally dumb.  I am grateful for my extended family and the support and patience they have for mine and Sione's roller coaster of indecisiveness for our lives and what we want to do with it.  

So the update on the little one is it is the length of a banana ... I love bananas!

weighing in at about 10 1/2 oz now and measuring approx 10inches from head to heel.

Can I just say that right now I am a bit uncomfortable.  Now for those of you male family members of mine that read my blog, you may want to skip this portion..... SOOOO with that disclaimer out of the way, my belly is forming into a nice ROUND BALL, not quite hard, not quite squishy, just there.  Now thats not the part that I am having an annoyance with.  Let's get to it, its my boobs.  There I said it ... they have gone from a 36d to a 40dd ... and I mean a FULL 40dd, I'm guessing each one weighs at least 7lbs.  I would be okay with this knowing that its temporary, however the realization that looms is that they are only going to get BIGGER and I can only imagine when my milk comes in.... wowy wow wow. Also I can handle not fitting into pants and having to wear maternity pants and a little bigger shirts, but the problem is now that my chest has decided to go crazy, not even large shirts fit right ;( ... and I'll be damned if I have to wear those HUGE blousy moo moo shirts. 
Thanks for letting me vent about this one ... with that being said, its all definitely for a most wonderful cause, and thats what is getting me through dealing with all this extra padding!!!

Next week is our ultrasound appointment, wish us luck.  I still haven't decided if I want to find out yet or not ... I'm so indecisive about the whole thing.... 
Until next week

3 comments:

Mindy

Oh you'll find out. I don't want to even think of the consequences if you don't ....
If you need to go shopping at the plus-size stores to find something for your boobs I'll go with you.... I'm that kind of friend.

Unknown

Oh Lorien, you crack me up!

Yeah, the boob thing totally sucks, just make sure you invest in a good bra, because after the baby is here, those ladies are going no where but south. trust me. heehee :)

um, and you need to post a belly shot soon!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ

Oooh! All I can say is wowie-owie, and when your cute little bundle gets here it'll be mega ouchie! You hide them well girlfriend! I didn't even notice on Sunday! Woohoo! I can't believe you're already half way! Before you know it, your little one will be here! We can't wait to see HIM (That's our guess :))