CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Books, Books, and more Books

So lately my obession has been books.  I have decided that everytime I receive a coupon from Borders for 33%-40% off one item I am going to buy Inoke a new book.  So far I have spent quite a few hours at Borders just browsing through the many cute and adorable selections of books they have for the little ones.  So far I have only bought 2 .....
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? has been one of my favorites to read to my nephews and other kiddos that I have watched over the years.  I try and read it every night to Inoke and then play the little lullaby Bob Marley CD to him ... Sione just chuckles at me, but he always ends up listening in ;).  It's been more theraputic for me than Inoke I think, because it helps me unwind and relax, but Inoke seems to get jazzed up by it and just keeps rockin' and a rollin' in there.

The 2nd book my sister in law Adrian recommended, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub.  It is super cute and I love the illustrations in it, thank you Adrian!

Adrian also told me about this little website Children's BOMC, where you sign up to receive books.  It is great, and most books are reasonably priced .. good to place the order when they have deals on the shipping.  So far from that website I have ordered, "Monkey Truck", "Trucktown: Smash! Crash!", "Curious George and Friends", "Mooo! Baaa! Oink! Quack! Roar! Trumpet! Hisss! Squawk!",  "The Runaway Bunny", and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  I am so excited to get these in the mail and start reading!

My family have always been big readers, so having Inoke grow up with books and have a love of reading is really important to me.  I know that I will probably be the one buying books for him rather than toys, so I will leave the toy buying up to dad ;)

Inoke has really been moving and a shaking in there these last couple of weeks, it was fun to have Sione actually be able to feel and see him move.  I dont think that he really realized the power this kid has.  I always am commenting when he is moving and stuff, but for Sione to be able to be apart of it was priceless.  It never gets old either, I love just sitting and watching my belly move or feel Inoke doing his thing in there.  Such a cool miracle to be experiencing!

3 comments:

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ

So cute Lo! You two are going to be adorable parents! Can't wait to meet the little guy! PS...I love your book selection!

Makenzie

Geeze all those books your gonna have to get Inoke his very own kindle! :) Love ya!

Mindy

I love King Bidgood! What a great idea for book buying ... please call me next time you go to Borders.