CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 28, 2011

37 & 38 week appointments

Went to the doctor last thursday and today for my weekly appts. Last week I was measuring right on track, 1.5cm dilated and 60% effaced, Inoke is in the head down position... No weight gain and blood pressure 104/68, booyah!

Today at 38 weeks and 4 days, measuring on right track, my cervix is anterior and 75% effaced, 2cm dilated, blood pressure 117/72, still no extra weight gain but Dr Savage isn't worried about that, says at this point we are good. I was concerned about the jump in my blood pressure, she says blood pressure is probably higher due to the fact my body is working harder to get around and I've been experiencing more pain while walking around. Mostly sciatica pain, pinching nerves shooting pain down my legs... So that's fun. Dr Savage said to take it easy as much as possible and just relax this next week and half.

So from today I only have 11 days, woah. This is serious business. I am so excited and blessed to be able to experience the joys of motherhood. Right now I am experiencing the worst part of my whole pregnancy so far though, the waiting game of "if and when is my water going to break, how will I know if I'm having contractions, where will I be when it starts to happen, will I be alone, at work, will Sione be with me?" Ahhhh I'm losing mind trying to wrap it around the daunting fact I will be a mom within the next 2-3 weeks, or even tomorrow!

I'm also super duper nervous and scared out of my mind for labor. I'm afraid I'm just gonna want to give up in the middle of labor, or after a good 10-20hrs of pushing etc. want to throw in the towel and say "it's fine I'll keep him inside of me forever, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, right?".... Anyone have some good advice for me out there???

2 comments:

Springer

When you are in the moment it will all go away and everything will be in its place. You will want to throw in the towel even if it takes 2 minutes....let's be honest! :) Have Sione keep reminding you you will be holding that baby the harder you work to get it out so you see your goal of your first sight of the little man. Once your eyes lock all the pain, struggle, anxiety will go away and you will fall in love with your son! I can't wait to see pics!! Love you!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ

So cute! I love your posts Lo! You're going to do amazing! Dr Savage is wonderful at motivating you to push that baby out when you just wanna give up. And John will be right there to cheer you on and hold your hand through all of it. Just keep remembering that as soon as Inoke's out, you immediately start feeling relief! If you choose to not get an epidural, you'll have a brief moment of despair, but it's gone in a flash and all of the sudden you have a beautiful human being staring back at you. That's when you know that all of the pain you have gone through was so worth it! If you get an epidural, sit back and relax and enjoy the flavored ice chips. You'll feel pressure between your legs when it's time to push ;) We're so excited for you guys! See you soon Inoke!