CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Early Riser

Okay I need some advice.  In the last month Inoke has decided that he wants to start getting up between 0600-0630 every morning.  Which would be okay if he were staying awake for a few hours then taking his morning nap around 0900-0930.  He has been waking up super chatty and talkative so I know he is really awake and wanting to get up, but then getting super tired and needing to go back to bed around 0730-0800, which leads me to believe that he really isn't ready to be getting up.  So what to do, what to do.

Our evening routine hasn't changed, starting at around 7pm and ending about 8pm, take a bath, read a book, have a bottle and go to bed.  We've been doing that for the last 3-4 months and Inoke was sleeping until 0715-0730.  So I am not sure what has changed or why all of the sudden he wants to get up so early.

I've tried making a bottle and giving it to him in his room, in the dark, in the rocking chair thinking that he would fall back asleep. Nope.  I've tried getting him up and bringing him into my room to lay down and relax, hoping he would fall back asleep.  Nope. He's just so happy and wants to play, that it makes me think this is okay and he's just changed his internal clock ... except for the fact that he gets grumpy and tired so soon after getting up.

Anyone have any suggestions or if this is normal? Do I just leave him in his crib to play and chat for an hour?

1 comments:

Leslie

I think it is normal. Averie went through the same thing when she was his age. She would wake up at 0700 and then be ready for a nap at 0815-0830. She would sleep for about 2 hours and then be awake till her afternoon nap at about 1300-1400. This went on for about 3 months and then she just started to sleep from 2100-1000. I tried everything to get her to sleep longer in the mornings but nothing worked, so I say its just fine and its just inoke being inoke.