CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thankful for blessings

My mom and Dad went to Hawaii and Austrailia last month, I know rough life right?!, and she sent me this adorable quilt! It is amazing and so fun. Every letter refers to something in Hawaii. So this is my inspiration for Inoke's room, Hawaii. I love the tropical serene feel of the islands and the bright colors. I cannot wait to put this up in his room... When he has one, that we are working on, still trying to figure out where we want to live ... Here, Washington, or California. Just waiting on a job opportunity to open up for either Sione or me ... applied lots of places, now just a waiting game.

I am so thankful for blessings and answers to prayers. There was a time in my life, (last April-July), when I was praying for us to get pregnant and expand our little family. Well after a couple rounds of Clomid with no results and then Sione got sick and was admitted to the hospital, my prayers then shifted to just at least having a healthy husband and for him to start feeling better. Well he did start feeling better, but then I started to have some issues of my own. My hair was falling out in clumps, I was irritable, tired, gaining weight despite my bike riding to work. I was often stressed out and sad.
After some discussions with my husband about what may be going on inside my brain causing all of this junk we decided it was work. Now I know everyone has their problems and stresses at work, but for some reason the things that I was going through and experiencing at work were definitely taking their toll on my mind and my body. I tried to resolve these problems and stresses in an adult manner, but it seemed no matter how hard I tried I could not please my superiors and more things were found to discipline me. So needless to say Sione in his infinite wisdom said "Lorien I know that if you quit, you will be happier and healthier and we will probably get pregnant." What a scary thought! Quit my job with only a part-time job to fall back on and no full-time opportunities in sight.
So again I prayed, and the answer comforted me and I knew the decision I had to make. It was very difficult, I loved my job and loved (most) of the people I worked with. So I put in my notice in June, and proceeded to take some well needed vacations.
We visited my family in May, his mom and some great friends in San Diego in June, camping in July, and Bear Lake in August... and lo and behold only 2 months after getting out of that stressful and taxing situation, WE GOT PREGNANT! So everything definitely happens for a reason, and I am so thankful for the support of my family and friends, Heavenly Father and His infinite wisdom and plan!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Riccobenes...

Lorien I loved reading this story from your life...so true that prayer really can bring a peacefulness, and amazing things can happen. I am so happy for you guys. I did not know you were considering WA for moving?? I know something will happen for you guys that is right for your growing family. Leap of faith right?!

Adrian Wolfgramm

I haven't seen the quilt yet...Love it! So cute and will be perfect in his room. What a nice mommy!